The original e-mail requesting a passport photo (sent to Joinee Whitby)Edit
You are a very special person, as proved by agreeing to Join Me.
You are ace. I want you to know that.
And do not worry. You have joined nothing bad, or even slightly dodgy. This is not a cult, and will involve no space travel of any kind. Mass suicides are also positively frowned upon.
But this *is* a collective.
You, and many dozens of others like you, should be proud. Proud to have helped me start doing something that will ultimately make my gran smile for many months to come. Proud to be part of this brother-and-sisterhood.
What it is I can¹t tell you just yet. But I can tell you this is only the beginning.
However, I need something from you, to fully Join Me properly.
I need one passport photo for your official Join Me documentation.
Now, I realise it¹s a bit of a hassle. But I promise that if you do it, you will not regret it. You may even win yourself one of five, limited edition, specially-created, very-cool-looking Join Me t-shirts for your troubles (let me know if you¹d prefer Medium or Large).
Would you consider doing that? The first five I receive will also get something lovely in return.
Please please please send your passport-sized photo to:
Danny Wallace/JOIN ME PO BOX 33561 LONDON E3 2YW
You can also use this address to send me anything you think I might find useful to the cause.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Only send me the photo if you agree with the following...
- I will keep this as much of a secret as I can, for now.
- I confirm that if for the purposes of Join Me, Danny needs to meet me, I will agree to meet him and provide him with at least one cup of tea (English Breakfast) and a biscuit of my own choosing.
- Should a Join Me book or similar surface at some point in the future, I do not mind my photo appearing in it.
- Once my passport photo has been received, I¹ll be e-mailed a questionnaire, which I do not mind answering.
- I will, in the future, help spread the word of Join Me, attempting to recruit my own members to the cause, but will do so without bringing Danny¹s name into the proceedings.
- From time to time I may be contacted by Danny via e-mail and asked for my opinion on some Very Important Issue or other. I do not mind this, and will answer to the best of my ability.
- I understand that Joining Danny is not just for Christmas - it¹s for life. Oh, hang on, no, that¹s a puppy.
- That is all.